Sunday, January 20, 2008

First three days of veganizm

I am precisely three days into being a Vegan. As far as I know I have so far not broken any vegan rules (actually, is there a vegan bylaw?).

I am lucky to have a very supportive crowd. My colleague Laura is the best vegan resource and seems to be a big fan so far. My wife is constantly pointing out things I cant eat - I will win that bed, regardless of how many meals she ruins for me.

So here is where we stand on meals so far:

DAY 1
BREAKFAST:
Vegan funnel cake - Laura broght to office, great start - so far its EASY!

LUNCH:
Falafel sandwich - I freaked out a bit because I thought tahini was sour cream but now I know better. EASY!

DINNER:
Hummus plate at a bar - this was a bit tough as I was meeting some friends for drinks and the only vegan option was this. All in all not a bad first day.

DAY 2
BREAKFAST:
Almonds - not great

LUNCH:
Bean Burger at News Cafe with fries - FRIES!!! What a savior!

DINNER:
Pizza - this was tough, we had to go through a while substitution routine. The waitress was great though and very supportive. Luckily this was a shi-shi pizza place - Crust.

DAY 3
BREAKFAST:
Flex Bar at Starbucks (Mara is challanging this - Note to self, need to check the ingredients to make sure its vegan, at the time I assumed all bread is vegan).

LUNCH
Potato Chips - this kind of sucked

DINNER
Home made tomato basil sauce with pasta and Swiss Curd - very good!

===

So far I dont think I have broken any laws. My allowance in the bet is that I have to knowingly stay vegan, accidents will not count against me - based on the honor system.

I have some surprises (more on that later) and I certainly have been reading the labels a lot more carefully.

No comments: