Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Week of Veganism!

I have completed one week of being a vegan. I am actually a little happy with this accomplishment... going from an all life cheeze and meat lover to a vegan cold turkey is not so bad.

Some experiences and changes I have noticed:
- during a workout in the first three days of my vegan diet I did notice a lack of energy
- enjoying restaurants is starting to be a little difficult, especially as I still crave cheese and meat
- i am snacking a lot more
- i don't seem to ever have the post meal coma or lack of energy i had in the past

The weight is staying steady at 180.

For my diet last couple of days...

Thursday:

BREAKFAST
- Larabar - love this, more on this later

LUNCH
- Wishbone - veggie burger - pretty awful

DINNER
- Leftovers from my vegan cooking

Friday:
BREAKFAST
- Larabar - love this, more on this later

LUNCH
- Pasta with red sauce in the Seras Tower pasta place - pretty bland and boring

DINNER
- Trader Joe's veggie burgers - awesome!

Saturday:
BREAKFAST
- Nuts - boring

LUNCH
- Sola - not a lot of selection, i had the breakfast burrito with half of the ingridients, still not so bad

DINNER
- 611 Bin wine Cafe - French onion soup (not as good as lauras), french fries, tampura green beans and sorbet. All and all totally not satisfying - and what I mean by that is that I wish I wasn't a vegan when dining there last night because my experience would have been much better if i wasnt.

No comments: